Friday, March 28, 2014

God KNOWS the way






A King, who did not believe in the goodness of God, had a slave who, in all circumstances would say, "My king, do not be discouraged, because everything God does is perfect, no mistakes."


One day, they went hunting. Along the way, a wild animal attacked the king. His slave managed to kill the animal. However, he could not prevent his majesty from losing a finger.

Furious and not showing any gratitude for being saved, the King said, "If God was good, I would not have been attacked and lost my finger."

The slave replied, "My King, despite all these things, I can only say to you that God is good, and he knows the why to all things. What God does is perfect. He is never wrong!"

Outraged by the response, the King ordered the slave to be imprisoned.

Later, while on another hunt, he was captured by savages who believed in human sacrifices. While on the altar, ready to be sacrifice, the savages found that the victim had a missing finger. Not suitable for human sacrifice, he was released. According to them, the King was not completely whole to be offered to the gods.

Upon his return to the palace, the King immediately authorized the release of his slave. When facing the slave, the King said in an affectionate tone, "My dear slave, God was really good to me for I was almost killed by the wild men. Because of the lack of a single finger, I was let go. However, I have a question. If God is so good, why did he allow me to put you in jail?"

The slave smiled and said, "My King, if I had gone with you in this hunt, I would have been sacrificed for you, because I have no missing finger. God is perfect."


No comments:

Post a Comment