Thursday, April 10, 2014

If you look to others....




I am famous for being the quintessential pack-rat.  I never know what I will find when I start clearing out my desk.
The other day, I came across this quote from Lao Tzu, a 6th Century B.C. philosopher.  

“If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never truly be fulfilled.  If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself.  Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are.   When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.”

The writings of Lao Tzu are attributed to Taoism, but that quote sounds a lot like a lesson in prosperity to me.

After all, it is when we look within that we find peace and happiness.
Spirit dwells within. 
Power dwells within.
Love dwells within.
Forgiveness dwells within.

 These things are true prosperity.  Lao Tzu is absolutely correct when he says, “When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.”  . . . and then, with great gratitude remember to say, “thank you” to the Universe.
Just a thought.
                               
Namaste.

--Kay Morgan for Unity of Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment